Identifibre Pty Ltd offers asbestos awareness training which provides guidance on identifying asbestos containing materials and how to work safely where asbestos may be suspected or confirmed.
The course covers information including;
• Overview of asbestos materials
• Detailed information on asbestos containing materials
• Information on where asbestos is commonly located
• Worksafe requirements & legislation
• Employer obligations
• Managing asbestos in the workplace
• Certificate of completion for participants
With asbestos present in many Australian buildings, it is important for a wide range of individuals to undertake some form of asbestos awareness course. From construction workers to plumbers to property managers.
Any person who may come into contact with asbestos products can benefit from asbestos awareness training. Identifibre can help by increasing your knowledge and awareness of asbestos products.
As well as being able to identify and address asbestos in the workplace, Identifibre can help you understand the requirements of both the Occupational Health & Safety Regulations (VIC) 2017 and the Australian Work Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations 2011.
Training sessions can be held at your workplace and can be customised to suit your specific requirements.
Asbestos awareness training is conducted by Identifibre’s accredited trainer Matthew Owen. Matthew is a senior consultant at Identifibre with over 9 years experience in the asbestos industry. Throughout that time he has worked on a variety of projects from smaller domestic work to large scale commercial sites. Matthews qualifications include;
• Asbestos Hygienist
• Bachelor of Science
• Graduate Diploma of Occupational Hygiene
• Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
• NATA Technical Assessor
• NATA Quality Management in the Laboratory Course
• Member of Australian Institute of Occupational Hygiene
• Work Safely in the Construction Industry – White Card
• Work Safely at Heights / Working in Confined Spaces Training
If you have any further questions or to book a training session, please contact Matthew on the form below, he will endeavour to respond to your request within 24 hours.