Identifibre Pty Ltd can provide management assistance in all phases of asbestos abatement activities, from preparation of specifications through to project completion including final clearance certification. This requires:
- Preparation of specifications and scope of works.
- Supervision of asbestos removal works to ensure specifications are followed.
- Air monitoring of work areas to ensure engineering controls are maintained.
- Co-ordination of all personnel: contractors, sub‑contractors and client staff.
- Visual inspections of work areas to ensure work has been performed to a satisfactory standard.
- Clearance certification of the work area at the completion of each phase of the project.
Friable asbestos removal works
Asbestos removal work involving friable asbestos containing materials must always be performed by a class A-licensed person or employees of a class A-licensed person.
Background air monitoring must be conducted before the work commences if the asbestos work will be performed indoors or if it is performed outdoors and will constitute a risk to other persons.
On completion of friable asbestos removal work clearance air monitoring must be conducted within the enclosed area and a clearance certificate (visual inspection) must be obtained prior to any person re-occupying the area where removal work occurred.
Air monitoring must be analysed as soon as is reasonably possible after it is taken. We pride ourselves on being a leader in the industry on for our fast turnaround on results.
To enable works of other contractors to commence and ensure minimal disruption of work sites we aim to deliver air monitoring reports and clearance certificates within the same day. To help us achieve this all consultants hold analyst status for estimation of airborne asbestos dust, we have a NATA accredited in-house laboratory for results and multiple NATA accredited portable laboratories for sites further away or sensitive sites requiring extra attention.
Non-friable asbestos removal works
Asbestos removal work involving non-friable asbestos containing materials must be performed by a class A or B-licensed person if:
• the area of asbestos containing material to be removed exceeds 10 square metres in total, or
• the total time over which asbestos removal work is performed in any period of seven days exceeds one hour
The Regulations do not require any form of air monitoring for non-friable asbestos removal work. However, the person who commissioned the removal work needs to consider providing paraoccupational air monitoring during removal of non-friable asbestos containing materials that is being done in or next to a public location.
A clearance certificate (visual inspection) must be obtained prior to any person re-occupying the area where removal work has been done in relation to non-friable asbestos containing material greater than 10 square meters.
If you would like more information please do not hesitate to contact us during business hours on (03) 9563 2957 or email@example.com.